ROLE: SENIOR EXPEDITOR
Work Location : World Wide
Type of Assignment : Contract
Start Date : ASAP
- Engineering and / or Business degree and /or diploma.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Senior Procurement Coordinator with on-time delivery of vendor documentation, engineered equipment and bulk materials.
- Monitors the progress of engineered equipment and/or bulk materials Purchase Orders from order placement to delivery.
- Pursues all action necessary to detect and avoid late delivery of vendor documentation, engineered equipment and bulk materials.
- Reviews vendor production schedules, monitors vendor workload and status of sub-vendor orders. Anticipates delays and bottlenecks and works with vendor to resolve problems when identified.
- Leads and participates on telephone calls with major vendors to monitor progress (schedule vs. actual) and address areas of concern.
- Controls and coordinates vendor shipments of engineered equipment and/or bulk materials in sequence with field construction requirements.
- Expedites and coordinates submission of SPIR form and delivery of Commissioning and First Year Operating Spares.
- Expedites delivery of First Fills.
- Provides timely, effective and efficient reporting of vendor documentation submittals and engineered equipment and / or bulk material deliveries.
- Coordinates and supports other departments – QAQC, Engineering, Construction and Commissioning where necessary
- Undertake familiarization with Project and discipline specific inspection documentation to ensure understanding of contract requirements.
- Familiar with international Codes, Standards and Regularities (e.g. INCOTERMS, ).
- Assist in the PO close out process, closing out purchase orders, files and archiving documents
- Build good relations within Contracts & Procurement and third party suppliers
- Coordination and work closely with other appointed expeditors
- Work closely with Materials Controllers regarding receipts at project warehouse.
- Production and maintenance of expediting reports and filing system (both hard copy and electronic)
- Providing support and technical assistance to other members of the team in the use of the procurement system Support Accounts/Commercial personnel in verifying and/or resolving queries on supplier invoices
- With experience in oil and gas industry in multi-discipline engineering, procurement and construction environment.
- Preferably having formal training in supply chain, logistics and membership with recognized chartered or other professional institution.
- 10 years’ experience for degree holder or 12 years’ experience for diploma holder in similar position in Oil & Gas sector.
- The candidate should have sound working knowledge on materials for offshore platforms and subsea pipelines.
- In-depth understanding of schedule development and manufacture processes.
- Ability to resolve complex problems that have implications beyond procurement.
- Duties are normally complex and vary and require ability to work well with contractor’s personnel as part of Company team and colleagues at all levels in multidisciplinary, multicultural environment.
- Previous expediting experience within the Procurement department of an EPC contractor or Operator/client organization.
How to ApplyPlease apply on this site by submitting you CV
186 total views, 1 today